Moong dal chaat is a healthy and flavourful snack. It’s rich in protein, low in carbs and has a combination of colorful nutrient dense fruits and vegetables. It can be incorporated as a part of a meal or had as a snack.
- Yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- Salt- to taste
- Carrot (grated)- 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate- 1/2 cup
- Spring onions (chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Raw mango (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves/ Pudina (chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Coriander (chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Green chili (chopped)- 2 tsp
- Chaat masala- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 4 tsp
Method of preparation:
- To make moong dal chaat, clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water for ½ hour and drain well.
- Combine 3 cups of water, moong dal and salt in a deep non-stick pan and cook it on a medium flame till it is half done, while stirring occasionally. Ensure that each grain of the dal is separate.
- Strain the dal using a strainer and keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the moong dal in a large bowl and toss well.
- Serve the moong dal chaat immediately.