Simple, satisfying and easy! Here is a quick fix for a breakfast or a snack, it satisfies those sweet cravings and keeps you full for long.
Makes about 18 regular sized muffins
- 1 & 1/4 cup quick oats (Use immediately after soaking)
- 1 & 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg (can be substituted with ½ banana or a flax egg)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 & 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the oats and milk and set aside.
- For the wet ingredients, in another bowl, beat the egg and stir it in with the oil, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
- In a third bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir flour mixture into the oat mixture just until moist. Now mix in the wet ingredients gently.
- Fill muffin tins or liners 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle tops with remaining brown sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Any chopped dry fruits of your choice can be added to the muffin batter.
- Cocoa powder can be added to make them chocolate muffins. Substitute 1 tbsp of wheat flour to cocoa powder.